- i. Cookie shall mean a small text file that is stored on the User’s computer / device that will enable NMedicines to recognize the User when the User visits the Website. A cookie also enables NMedicines to store the User’s preferences and settings, enhance the User’s experience by delivering content suited to the User’s interests, perform research and analytics, track usage and activity on the Website, and assist with security and administrative functions;
- ii. Personally Identifiable Information shall mean any data or information that is personal to a User and allows persons other than the User to identify the User personally from such data or information and will include without limitation, the following:
- iii. the username and password of the User;
- iv. information that can be used to identify, contact or locate the User, to whom such information belongs including, but not limited to, name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, etc., which will likely be collected at the time of User’s use of the Website;
- v. health information provided by a User for provision of Services including, but not limited to ailment description, medical records and history, reports, pictures, etc.;
- vi. any information provided by the User when addressing a query to NMedicines; and
- vii. financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or payment in instrument details.
- ix. User shall mean any person who accesses or uses the Website, including without limitation a patient.
Collection AND USE of information
- i. NMedicines will collect and store Personally Identifiable Information provided by the Users from time to time while using the Website and in provision of Services. NMedicines will only collect such Personally Identifiable Information from Users, which it considers necessary for facilitating the Services and for improving NMedicines’ Services towards its Users.
- ii. The User shall have an option to not provide Personally Identifiable Information. However, the User understands and acknowledges that such Personally Identifiable Information would be necessary for better and adequate provision of the Services. The User further understands and acknowledges that in some cases it may not be possible for NMedicines to provide the Service in question without receiving certain Personally Identifiable Information from the User.
- iii. NMedicines encourages the User to review, update, and correct a User’s Personally Identifiable Information. Upon a request to NMedicines, the User can review the Personally Identifiable Information provided by the User and shall ensure that any Personally Identifiable Information which is inaccurate or deficient be corrected or amended.
- iv. Upon a written request by the User, NMedicines will remove/delete the User’s Personally Identifiable Information from NMedicines database. However, the User’s information (limited to the information NMedicines is authorized to collect and store) may remain stored in archive on the servers even after deletion.
- v. NMedicines reserves the right to deny Services or terminate provisions of Services in case of refusal by the User to provide such Personally Identifiable Information or on deletion of the Personally Identifiable Information at the request of the User, as the case may be.
- vi. NMedicines shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the Personally Identifiable Information and the Patient Data supplied by the User.
- vii. The Personally Identifiable Information received by NMedicines will be dealt with only for the purpose of provision of Services for which NMedicines is authorized and the same will be done in a diligent manner. NMedicines may use such Personally Identifiable Information to send e-mails, newsletters and postal mails to keep Users informed and updated about NMedicines’s Services. Further NMedicines may use a User’s Personally Identifiable Information for feedback purposes to improve NMedicines’s marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze Website usage, improve the Website’s content and Service offerings and customize the Website’s content and layout to meet Users’ needs and provide Users with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Website.
Storing OF INFORMATION
- i. The Personally Identifiable Information provided by a User from time to time while using the Website and in provision of Services will be stored by NMedicines on an industry standard secured server.
Sharing of Information
- i. The Personally Identifiable Information shall be accessed only by persons duly authorized by the User and shall not be shared with any third party and shall not be viewed by any person other than NMedicines, its doctors, its affiliates and associate companies, directors, officers, employees, operations and maintenance contractors repairing and maintaining NMedicines’s technical systems, if and when required. The User shall not have any objection with NMedicines sharing such Personally Identifiable Information.
- iii. NMedicines shall disclose the Personally Identifiable Information without requiring any prior consent from the Users where such disclosure is required to be made to a Government agency mandated under the law to obtain such Personally Identifiable Information. NMedicines may be required to make such disclosures to the Government agency in all such cases for the verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, and investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences.
- iv. NMedicines shall be compelled to disclose the Personally Identifiable information of the Users to a third party in all such cases where NMedicines is acting in compliance of an order passed under Applicable Law, directing NMedicines to disclose such Personally Identifiable Information.
- i. NMedicines has implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to the Personally Identifiable Information of the User and to maintain data security. These safeguards consider the sensitivity of the Personally Identifiable Information that NMedicines collects, process and stores and the current state of technology. NMedicines follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personally Identifiable Information submitted to it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, while NMedicines strives to use acceptable industrial standards to protect the Personally Identifiable Information of the Users, NMedicines cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- ii. NMedicines assumes no liability or responsibility for disclosure of the User’s Personally Identifiable Information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond NMedicines’ control including but not limited to unlawful breach of confidentiality by personnel having access to such Personally Identifiable Information.
- iii. The User plays an important role in keeping its Personally Identifiable Information The Patient should not share its account information with anyone. If NMedicines receives instructions through the Patient’s user name and password, NMedicines will consider that such Patient has authorized the instructions.
- i. The User agrees that NMedicines will not be held liable for any loss or damage with respect to the use of the Website, if the same arises out of any cause due to which NMedicines is wholly or partly unable to perform its obligations and which is not reasonably within the control of NMedicines. Further, NMedicines will not liable for any loss or damage which is not a result of the fault or negligence of NMedicines or which occurs despite all reasonable attempts of NMedicines to avoid or mitigate the same. This includes without limitation, acts of God, war, riots, civil disturbances, cyclones, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, storms and other natural calamities, epidemics, plagues, terrorist attacks, accidents, trade restrictions, acts of any government authority leading to a delay in adhering to the time lines of delivery, strikes, labour, employee difficulties or wrongful actions, cyber hacking and other events or circumstances that are beyond the reasonable control of NMedicines (‘Force Majeur Event’).
DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND GOVERNING LAW
- i. The same shall be governed in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website.