COLD AND COUGH
The chronic patients of this problem have their hair going untimely white. To stop the process and cure it, take 300 gms. of tulsi leaves dried in shade, 50 gms. of Dalchini, 100 gms. Tejpat, 200 gms. Saunff (anise seeds), 200 gms of small cardamom, Agiya 300 gms; Banfshaw 25 gms; red sandal 200 gms. and Brahmi herb 200 gms. grind all these ingredients and strain them through a cloth. Now take 10 gms. of this powder, boil it in 500 gms. water and when just a cup of this water remains, add sugar and milk and drink it twice a day like you have tea. All these problems will vanish in a couple of days.
- A tablespoon of carom seeds crushed and tied up in a muslin cloth can be used for inhalation to relieve congestion/blocked nose.
- A similar small bundle carom seeds placed near the pillow of sleeping children relieves congestion.
- A teaspoon of cumin seeds is added to 1 glass of boiling water. Strain and simmer for a few minutes. Let it cool. Drink it 1-2 times a day. If sore throat is also present, add a few small pieces of dry ginger to the boiling water.
- Six pepper corns finely grind and mixed with a glass of warm water, sweetened with 5-6 batasha can be taken for a few nights.
- In the case of the acute cold in the head, boil 1 tablespoon pepper powder in a cup of milk along with a pinch of turmeric (haldi) and have once daily for at least 3 days.
- A lemon a day keeps the cold away. For a bad cold, the juice of two lemons in ½ litre (2½ cups) of boiling water sweetened with honey, taken at bed time, is a very effective remedy.
- Have ginger (adrak) tea. Cut ginger (adrak) into 1-1½ pieces and boil with a cup of water. Give 8-10 boils. Strain, sweeten with ½ teaspoon sugar and drink hot.