Flu, or influenza is an acute illness caused by the body’s response to viral infection by influenza viruses, types A,B or C. It often comes in the form of epidemics in the water.
People with the flu complain of headache, fever and chills, aching muscles and joints, fatigue, sore throat, and cough. There is less nasal secretion and more fatigue than with the common cold. Flu sufferers often feel “wiped out,” and just want to stay in bed. Some influenza has a gastrointestinal component with nausea, Vomiting and diarrhea.buy online medicine
Conventional medicine has no effective treatment of the flu. Babies and the elderly sometimes succumb to the flu if it is very severe or complicated by secondary bacterial infections, particularly pneumonia.
- If the flu is just starting and there are no definite symptoms yet, choose between Oscillococcinum (also called “Flu Solution”) and Ferrum Phosphoricum.
- Oscillococcinum is available over the counter in many pharmacies, health food stores, and supermarkets, and is our first choice at this stage unless high fever and red cheeks are prominent symptoms.
- After symptoms have developed, consider Bryonia if all the symptoms are made worse by movement and the person is very irritable and thirsty.
- Think about Gelsemium if the person is dizzy, drowsy, droopy, and dull, feels totally exhausted, and is not thirsty.
- Consider Eupatorium if the person feels deep aching in the bones and muscles and feels like his bones are broken.
- Give Rhus toxicodendron when stiffness is the main symptom, and it is made worse by cold damp weather of exertion, and better by stretching or moving around for a while.
Self Care and Home Remedies
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- If it is an upper respiratory flu, follow suggestions for common cold.